[net.misc] Bizarre toy

ee161bep@sdcc3.UUCP (Paul Van de Graaf) (08/19/85)

In article <466@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
>Came across something of a bizarre toy at Sears- a talking Teddy Bear.
>The bear's name is A.G. Bear. I quote from the box:
>
>	Hi, I'm A.G. Bear, the smartest, talkingest Teddy Bear around.
> 	More description ...
>
>--
>Name:		John Ruschmeyer
>UUCP:		...!vax135!petsd!moncol!john	...!princeton!moncol!john

That's the latest product from our old friend Noland Bushnell, the guy who
brought us Pong, Atari, and (gag) Chuckie Cheese.  The A. G. stands for
Alexander Gramm, as in A. G. Bell (I'm sure that's worth a snicker to you
ATT folks).  Wait, there's more!  He also is hawking a robot cat called a
catster and I even think there's also a dogster.  The toys are called
Petsters, and go for about $50.00 - $100.00.  Each is supposed to have one
of 256 programmed "personalities".  Bushnell is trying this venture to break
into the home robot business, a by-product of his involvement with the
Chuckie Cheese venture.

Source: Analog Computing.

I personally think he's cracked, but what do I know?

Paul van de Graaf	sdcsvax!sdcc3!ee161bep		U. C. San Diego