[net.micro.6809] 6809 to 68000 cross assemblers?

emjej@uokvax.UUCP (12/04/84)

/***** uokvax:net.micro.6809 / sdcsvax!pjohnson / 10:50 pm  Dec  1, 1984 */
Are there any 6809 to 68000 cross assemblers available?
/* ---------- */

Microware must have some, since they ported OS-9 that way--I don't know
whether you can buy the cross-assembler individually, but it seems like
they ought to...

Also, Telecon (or is it Introl?) advertises a rather outrageous list of
C compilers from X machine to Y machine, so they must have cross-assemblers
also (and I think 6809->68000 is on the list)--again, dunno if they sell
the assemblers separately.

						James Jones

[]
In article <502@sdcsvax.UUCP> pjohnson@sdcsvax.UUCP (Paul Johnson) writes:
>Are there any 6809 to 68000 cross assemblers available?
>
>paul johnson
>{akgua,allegra,dcdwest,decvax,ihnp4,helios,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!pjohnson

A company called Quelo makes a 68000 cross assembler (with macro processor
linker, librarian, etc. ) written in C, and has ported it to several
machines.  They will provide the source for about $750.  It's based on
Motorolas M68KMASM, and it's been out for awhile.  I've investigated what
is involved in a port, and on a 8 bit processor, you may have to provide
32 bit arithmetic routines if your C compiler dosen't already have them.
It's designed for that however, it was developed under CP/M-80, and the
32 bit math routine specs are well documented.

Their product has been distributed by several other companies, some of
which might not mention that its Quelo's in their ads.  Among them are:

United Technologies Mostek

Charles River Data Systems

Lattice. Inc.

Avocet Systems Inc.

You can reach Quelo at:

Quelo
2464 33rd Ave. West - Suite 173
Seattle, WA 98199
(206) 285-2528

Keith Doyle
{ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd
"You'll PAY to know what you REALLY think!"