[net.micro.6809] Tano Dragon

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (10/17/85)

In article <593@lasspvax.UUCP> jwp@lasspvax.UUCP (John W. Palmieri) writes:
>Anyone out there have a Tano Dragon and successfully hooked-up

I'd like to know if anyone out there had seen a Tano Dragon. I didn't think
Dragon got off the ground in America.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"Ordinary F___ing people -- I hate 'em. Ordinary people spend their
	lives avoiding tense situations; repo man spends his life
	getting into tense situations."

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (10/21/85)

In article <962@mit-vax.UUCP> csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) writes:
>In article <593@lasspvax.UUCP> jwp@lasspvax.UUCP (John W. Palmieri) writes:
>>Anyone out there have a Tano Dragon and successfully hooked-up
>
>I'd like to know if anyone out there had seen a Tano Dragon. I didn't think
>Dragon got off the ground in America.
>--
>Charles Forsythe
>CSDF@MIT-VAX

     Well, it did and it didn't.  Mainly it didn't.  But the result
of their failure (twice?) is that there are a lot of Dragons around
and a few still available cheap.  The 64K version is superior to the
current Radio Shack Color Computer in that it has a real hardware
RS-232 built in.  Unfortunately software from the Color Computer
generally doesn't work directly on the Dragon.  Both Flex and OS-9
can be had for the Dragon, but you have to make some choices.  In
England you can buy Dragon specific versions of both Flex and OS-9.
I don't think anybody in North America carries them.  There are
special ROMs available which will adapt the Dragon to more standard
Color Computer compatibility (I *think* that this may require some
jumpers and trace cutting although I've heard of drop in ROM
replacements that don't require hardware hacking).

                                   Cheers! -- Jim O.

--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura

seaton@dec-thrint.UUCP (10/23/85)

---------------------Reply to mail dated 21-OCT-1985 15:50---------------------

Well, the view from England is that although Dragon (The Company) went into
receivership a couple of years ago (right after it went American!) there is
a Spanish company called "Eurohard SA" who has bought all designs etc. and
is even now producing Dragon hardware..mainly 64k but also rumor of a 128k
machine and/or a new business machine.

     Share and Enjoy...

          Ian Seaton
                    DEC Reading, England

UUCP:                              !dec-thrint!
                    decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-tron  !seaton
                                   !dec-blott !

ARPA:               seaton%tron.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA