[net.micro.6809] What is OS9 and why do I want it?

ccrjohnm@ucdavis.UUCP (John McLaughlin) (10/25/85)

It seems like ~ 30% of the mail in the net.micro.xxxx world these days
is made up of discussion of the OS9 operating system.  What is
so special about OS9? note that I am not saying it is not a good Operating
System , I just have never played with it, and I am curious as to why
it is being hyped so much.

			John

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (10/28/85)

In article <190@ucdavis.UUCP> ccrjohnm@ucdavis.UUCP (John McLaughlin) writes:
>It seems like ~ 30% of the mail in the net.micro.xxxx world these days
>is made up of discussion of the OS9 operating system.  What is
>so special about OS9? note that I am not saying it is not a good Operating
>System , I just have never played with it, and I am curious as to why
>it is being hyped so much.
>

>			John

     I think this is a good time for me
to say that I've had a lot of enquiries
via mail which I wanted to respond to
and haven't yet.  I just can't say
anything that's brief and complete enough.
I have a file which is a compilation
of things I've posted to BIX.  I just
haven't had a chance to upload it from
my main OS-9 system to my Unix connection
(right now due to a small bug in my
terminal program I can't send a straight
ASCII dump properly.  I have to XModem
it to my CP/M system and then ASCII
dump it to lsuc--all at 300 baud).

     Another problem is that I can't
seem to 'mail' to everybody.  A fair
bit of it seems to get returned.

     In fact, If Bob Larson reads this,
I hope he sends me a voice phone number
so I can call him.  I've sent messages
to him via 'mail' and some gets through,
but I think some of it didn't.

     At any ragte, I'll see if I can
post something in the next few weeks.
(But if somebody else wants to, then
don't wait for me...:-)

                     Cheers! -- Jim O.

--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura