[net.micro.6809] Portable "inkey" function in OS9 C

mcdonald@sask.UUCP (Shane McDonald) (10/30/85)

Has anyone wrote a function similar to "inkey"
used in CoCo Basic in C?  I've tried, but any
thing that will work in OS9 won't work on UNIX
(gotta stay portable!)  Is this possible?
Or, if not, can anyone tell me how to do it on OS9
without screwing up stdin - I think it is possible
using a getstat call, but I haven't figured it out yet.
Thanks.
--
Shane McDonald
(ihnp4!sask!mcdonald)

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (11/02/85)

In article <293@sask.UUCP> mcdonald@sask.UUCP (Shane McDonald) writes:
>Has anyone wrote a function similar to "inkey"
>used in CoCo Basic in C?  I've tried, but any
>thing that will work in OS9 won't work on UNIX
>(gotta stay portable!)  Is this possible?
>Or, if not, can anyone tell me how to do it on OS9
>without screwing up stdin - I think it is possible
>using a getstat call, but I haven't figured it out yet.
>Thanks.
>--
>Shane McDonald
>(ihnp4!sask!mcdonald)

     I don't see the point?  Why not use getc(stdin)?

--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura