[net.misc] In response to Apartheid

gordon@cae780.UUCP (Brian Gordon) (08/14/85)

In article <428@petfe.UUCP> evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) writes:
>Well, since Chuq has decided to shave off his beard for Apartheid, I have
>decided to offer my own form of protest against Apartheid.  I will not eat
>glazed beets until something is done about Apartheid.		...

Well, I guess I'll do my part too - no more Ripple or Silver Satin until
Apartheid has ended ...

FROM:   Brian G. Gordon, CAE Systems Division of Tektronix, Inc.
UUCP:   tektronix!teklds!cae780!gordon
	{ihnp4, decvax!decwrl}!amd!cae780!gordon
        {nsc, hplabs, resonex, qubix, leadsv}!cae780!gordon

ann@t12tst.UUCP (Ann Newman) (08/20/85)

> From: evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus)
> Date: 9 Aug 85 13:23:31 GMT
>
> Well, since Chuq has decided to shave off his beard for Apartheid, I have
> decided to offer my own form of protest against Apartheid.  I will not eat
> glazed beets until something is done about Apartheid.  I am, of course,
> making the ultimate sacrifice, but I feel it's the least I can do.
>
> --Evan Marcus
>
> "He, of course, knows that beets make me throw up."
> --
> {ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
>                          ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan
>
> What do you want?  Wicker?

  Here, here! And I will not eat Neiman Marcus finger sandwiches until
  something is done! Gee, it's great to rally together...

------A N Collins