[net.micro.6809] CoCo III: A "secret" is told

megabyte@chinet.UUCP (Dr. Megabyte) (10/20/86)

Those of you with the new CoCo III's, try this: While holding down
both the control and the alternate keys, hit the reset button.  The screen
will display a digitised portrait of the three programmers from Microware
who re-wrote color Basic for the CoCo III.

At Rainbowfest in Princeton, different Tandy officials cound not make up their
minds as to wether this was approved, or even KNOWN by Tandy before the machine
hit the streets!
--
____
UUCP:	(1) seismo!why_not!scsnet!sunder		Mark E. Sunderlin

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (10/21/86)

In article <647@chinet.UUCP> megabyte@chinet.UUCP (Dr. Megabyte) writes:

... [re the Microware picture in the CoCo]

>At Rainbowfest in Princeton, different Tandy officials cound not make up their
>minds as to wether this was approved, or even KNOWN by Tandy before the machine
>hit the streets!

     I thought it was a step in the right direction.  Apple is going to
hide behind Graham Nash's "folksy image" this year.  IBM used a fake Chaplin
(a clone?) to give them a freindly image.  Here, the CoCo has a nice picture
of 3 freindly grinning faces built in and NOT fake freindliness, but real
people who actually had a hand in producing the product!

     And when I get mine, I may just invest in a ROM burner too. ;-)

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura