[net.legal] What if I don't have a picture ID

dave@utcsrgv.UUCP (Dave Sherman) (01/13/84)

-	From: kfl@5941ux.UUCP (Kenton Lee)
-	Newsgroups: net.misc
-	aren't required to have any ID at all", in some
-	towns (e.g. Las Vegas), you are required by law to
-	carry ID at all times and can be arrested for not
-	having it.

Is this true? Can anyone elaborate further? I don't know that much
about your legal system, but I thought basic civil liberties like
not having to identify yourself were pretty entrenched. Has anyone
fought such a law in the courts?

Dave Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Toronto
--
 {allegra,cornell,decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo}!utcsrgv!dave