[net.misc] Sonata for Piano and Dogs

pc@unisoft.UUCP (Paul Campbell) (08/16/85)

> A friend of mine has a dog who performed at Carnegie Recital Hall.
>
> A young New York composer wrote a piece for piano and three dogs
> and auditioned a hundred or so dogs for the concert.  My friend's
> dog was one of the three that made it.  Really!  I saw the videotape!

I once attended a concert put on by a number of cars. They had been auditioned
according to their horn-pitch and a three pice work written for them (after
the composer had autitioned them). The composer stood on a pile of tires
and conducted them with a screw-driver. They got a standing ovation and
played an encore ....

		Paul Campbell
		..!ucbvax!unisoft!paul

gordon@cae780.UUCP (Brian Gordon) (08/30/85)

In article <757@mcnc.mcnc.UUCP> bch@mcnc.UUCP (Byron Howes) writes:
>       ...                           A more serious moment is provided
>by Dennis Brain (at the time the world's greatest French Horn player) playing
>a Concerto for Aplhorn by Leopold Mozard (Wolfie's father) on an "odd length"
>of garden hose.

No self-respecting French horn player (ok, so former French horn player) can
let that go unchallenged.  Brain - "greatest" - harumphhhhhhhhhhh.  I'll
concede him as one of the better technicians, but tone and finesse he couldn't
even READ about, let alone demonstrate ...

FROM:   Brian G. Gordon, CAE Systems Division of Tektronix, Inc.
UUCP:   tektronix!teklds!cae780!gordon
	{ihnp4, decvax!decwrl}!amdcad!cae780!gordon
        {nsc, hplabs, resonex, qubix, leadsv}!cae780!gordon
*UNTIL THE MOVE*
 USNAIL: 1333 Bordeaux Drive, Sunnyvale, CA  94089
 AT&T:   (408)745-1440
*AFTER THE MOVE*
 USNAIL: 5302 Betsy Ross Drive, Santa Clara, CA  95054
 AT&T:   (408)727-1234

 Down 54 1/4 pounds, and counting ...