[net.legal] When radar detectors are illegal!

2141smh@aluxe.UUCP (henning) (01/08/85)

****                                                                 ****
From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA aluxe!2141smh

> I was under the impression that the FCC gives you the right to
> moniter any sort of radio transmission that you like, as long
> as you don't forward the information to a third party.

The states reserve the right to revolk your driving privileges and even
penalize you for abuse of these privileges if you don't play their game
by their rules.  These include use of bright lights, liquor, drugs, and
devices whose only earthly purpose is to permit you to endanger the lives
of others by speeding.  The laws and State Police are really on our side.

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (01/12/85)

In article <603@aluxe.UUCP> 2141smh@aluxe.UUCP (henning) writes:

>The laws and State Police are really on our side.

Usually, that is.  You apparently haven't run into some of the state cops I've
met (Massachusetts, for instance).  As for laws, I remember bringing in the
New Year in 1977 with a prolonged sex session.  Hardly a new idea, but it was
a special occasion because everything we did was legal in California for the
first time.  Was it really being "on our side" to prohibit sex in every
position except "missionary?"  For that matter, is it really being "on our
side" to subsidize and protect (with import tariffs) the liquor and tobacco
industries?
--

	Geoff Kuenning
	...!ihnp4!trwrb!desint!geoff