[net.misc] THE ANSWER

halle@hou2b.UUCP (J.HALLE) (10/22/85)

Well, there is finally a definitive answer to that age old question:
	Which way does the paper hang?
Recently, new TP dispensers have been installed in Holmdel.  The manufacturer
has given explicit instructions on the proper way to install the rolls.
The paper is to come OVER THE TOP and hang down the front.  I hope this
settles the issue once and for all.

lat@druil.UUCP (TepperL) (10/23/85)

hou2b!halle J. HALLE writes:
> Well, there is finally a definitive answer to that age old question:
> 	Which way does the paper hang?
> Recently, new TP dispensers have been installed in Holmdel.  The manufacturer
> has given explicit instructions on the proper way to install the rolls.
> The paper is to come OVER THE TOP and hang down the front.  I hope this
> settles the issue once and for all.

No, this does not settle the issue.  Holmdel is just lucky that it doesn't
have any on-site cats.  Cause if they did, the cats would stroll into the
bathrooms, stretch they little paws up, and start rolling away.

For people with cats at home, the preferred method is with the paper hanging
down the back.  All you worry about then is that you don't leave too much
hanging down -- if you do, the cat's can still (rock and) roll.
--
Larry Tepper	    {ihnp4 | allegra}!drutx!druil!lat		+1-303-538-1759
	Back to you, Walter.