[net.legal] That Playboy Article

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (01/20/86)

In article <959@burl.UUCP> rcj@burl.UUCP (Curtis Jackson) writes:

>BTW, can anyone out there point me to the Playboy article (expose')
>some years ago (like 4-6 years) that uncovered a lot of neat stuff
>about evangelists? I remember things like Oral Roberts having 3
>people on full-time salary doing nothing but airbrushing his publicity
>photos to remove all the expensive rings off his fingers, Billy Graham
>appealing to the public that his ministry was going broke while he
>and his family purchased 6 loaded Cadillacs and 3 condos in the Keys,
>etc.  Thanks in advance for any pointers,

First, I suspect that the story about the Cadillacs and condos pertained
to Jimmy and Tammy-Faye (you know who I mean - their last name rhymes
with "faker"), not to Billy Graham.

If anyone finds this article, please post a summary of it to the net. I
would be interested (and I suspect a lot of others would be also) to see
all the dirt they dug up.

Unless the article digs up dirt on non-Christian evangelists as well,
please post the summary to net.religion.christian.

(I was a good Christian teenager, and never read Playboy. I just looked
at the pictures. :-)

Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgub!cylixd!dave)