[net.legal] Legalizing and taxing vices

root@rice.EDU (Dione) (09/08/86)

In article <866@drutx.UUCP> dlo@drutx.UUCP (OlsonDL) writes:

>I also oppose such legalization, but for different reasons.  For instance,
>legalizing prostitution makes the government the pimp this time.  I would
>rather they be decriminalized; not legal, not illegal, not taxed -- just
>left alone.                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>David Olson
>..!ihnp4!drutx!dlo

Every act is either legal or illegal by definition. Sometimes it takes long
court case to decide *which* of these categories a given act belongs in,
but it is always at least potentially in exactly one of the two.

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!"

Arvind Rajan
Arvind Rajan
UUCP:{drillsys,lbl-csam,cbosgd,convex,sun,texsun}!rice!arvind
ARPA: arvind@rice.ARPA, arvind@rice.EDU
Office: Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Rice University, Houston, TX 77251-1892
Phone : (713) 527-8101 x 2643 (O) ; (713) 664-2247 (H)