[net.legal] AIDS

johnmill@mmintl.UUCP (John Miller) (09/19/86)

CBS national news of 18 September 1986 carried a section on AIDS in
central Africa.

According to CBS AIDS was first recogized there in 1983 and has now
spread to 20% of the general population - men, women, and CHILDREN.

Three-year-olds and under may have contracted the disease from their
mothers at or before birth; adults through sexual contact.

However, many of the infected children shown were patently more than
three years old.  HOW DID THEY GET AIDS?

Discussion, anyone?

(This is posted to net.legal & net.motss because of the vigorous
 interest there a while ago and because I maintained in earlier
 postings that:

	a. Assurances by experts that there is no danger
	   to the general populace are not to be trusted

	b. We should be PREPARED to take drastic [legal]
	   action to fight the epidemic)

werner@aecom.UUCP (09/21/86)

John Miller writes (among other things):
> CBS national news of 18 September 1986 carried a section on AIDS in
> central Africa.
>
> Discussion, anyone?
> ^^^^^^^^^^  ^^^^^^^
> (This is posted to net.legal & net.motss because of the vigorous

Before you even think of following up to this posting, remove all
newsgroups other than net.med from the Newsgroup line. Thank you.

--
			      Craig Werner (MD/PhD '91)
				!philabs!aecom!werner

daver@felix.UUCP (Dave Richards) (09/25/86)

In article <1826@mmintl.UUCP> johnmill@mmintl.UUCP (John Miller) writes:
>CBS national news of 18 September 1986 carried a section on AIDS in
>central Africa.
>
>According to CBS AIDS was first recogized there in 1983 and has now
>spread to 20% of the general population - men, women, and CHILDREN.
>Three-year-olds and under may have contracted the disease from their
>mothers at or before birth; adults through sexual contact.
>However, many of the infected children shown were patently more than
>three years old.  HOW DID THEY GET AIDS?
>
>Discussion, anyone?
>
>(This is posted to net.legal & net.motss because of the vigorous
> interest there a while ago and because I maintained in earlier
> postings that:
>
>	a. Assurances by experts that there is no danger
>	   to the general populace are not to be trusted
>
>	b. We should be PREPARED to take drastic [legal]
>	   action to fight the epidemic)

I agree!  AIDS should be outlawed, and any AIDS virus that does not leave
town should be strung up!  That will solve the problem.

Dave
!