[net.legal] Twisting the facts

rb@cci632.UUCP (Rex Ballard) (10/03/86)

In article <662@phred.UUCP> artm@phred.UUCP (Art Marriott) writes:
>In article <1245@whuxl.UUCP> orb@whuxl.UUCP (SEVENER) writes:
>>Here's an interesting news item which the Meese Commission would
>>undoubtedly wish to ignore:
>>
>>"The Sylvester Stallone movie, 'Cobra', is too violent for Brazilian
>> audiences.....
>>    Controversy arose when an audience in the northeastern city of
>> Recife destroyed seats in a theater after viewing 'Cobra' and when
>> a retired policeman in the northeastern city of Salvador fired a
>> gun after seeing the picture, wounding three people.
>
>No, they'd simply use it as another example of exposure of **something**
>causing unacceptable behavior and argue that one must decuce from this that
>viewing of erotica would lead to **whatever**.
>                  Art Marriott

I haven't seen "Cobra", but isn't there at least one scene that could be
construed as sexual?

(But officer, I saw that girl in the camaflauge fatigues, and just went
crazy :-)

Of course, there were no reports of sexual assault, so it must be a
"good 'merican movie" :-).

Violence - The American Way.
	Rex B.