[tor.general] laser lovers

laura@utcsstat.UUCP (Laura Creighton) (10/04/83)

I asked about Laser Lovers in net.unix-wizards. This is the response I got
from the moderator.

	From uucp Thu Sep 29 01:37:00 1983
	>From uw-beaver!furuta@uw-june Thu Sep 29 00:36:43 1983 remote from utcsrgv
	Date: 28 Sep 1983 10:55-PDT
	From: Richard Furuta  <furuta@uw-june>
	Subject: Re: Laser Lovers
	To: utcsrgv!utcsstat!laura@uw-beaver

	I don't want it to be gatewayed to Usenet at present for two reasons:

		(1) the volume of traffic is low enough that people would
		    complain about creation of a trivial group.
		(2) the fact that the volume is low is an advantage since
		    it means that people who we want to have on the list
		    (because they are particularly informed about laser)
		    printers are likely to stay on the list.

	I have been adding uucp people to the list as individuals, though.
	I'll add you to the list.  If you'd prefer to set up a local
	redistribution at utc, that'd be fine, too.

				--Rick

				...decvax!microsoft!uw-beaver!uw-june!furuta (uucp)
				...ucbvax!lbl-csam!uw-beaver!uw-june!furuta
				or
				Furuta@Washington (ARPAnet)

I have about 12 articles in my mbox now. Is there enough interest that
I should post them into a tor newsgroup? (I will create tor.laser-lovers
unless I get no response or a serious objection.) Or do people want to
be mailed?

Laura Creighton
utzoo!utcsstat!laura