[tor.general] Computer teminals for sale ++++

isis@utzoo.UUCP (n) (07/16/85)

A friend has told me he has an old NABU for sale, along with spare terminals.
Price is negotiable.
The NABU runs UNIX on an 8086.  It seems a bit better than XENIX or PC/IX
for a PC or XT, judging by the damning reviews in the press and the net.
It should also cost less, about $3.5K he says.

Phone 535-5186.

Bill
--

---------
				Bill McLean @ Ont. Ministry of Health

hugh@hcrvx1.UUCP (Hugh Redelmeier) (07/17/85)

In article <5795@utzoo.UUCP> isis@utzoo.UUCP (n) writes:
>The NABU runs UNIX on an 8086.  It seems a bit better than XENIX or PC/IX
>for a PC or XT, judging by the damning reviews in the press and the net.

The NABU runs XENIX 2.0 or 2.1.  The NABU is faster than a PC (8086
vs 8088; clock rate is similar), and it has a memory management unit
that protects processes from each other, and the kernel from processes
(VERY useful with UNIX).

Note that many  people are running booltleg XENIX on the NABU's.  I
don't know that this is the case here, but beware!

>It should also cost less, about $3.5K he says.

Unless the terminals are wonderful, this price seems high compared
to other NABU sales.  But the machine is probably worth more than
that when compared with other UNIX machines.

I have three NABUs: make ME an offer!  (I have a license for the
one I run XENIX on.)

>---------
>				Bill McLean @ Ont. Ministry of Health
>				{allegra,ihnp4,linus,decvax}!utzoo!isis