[tor.general] "Toronto Computes!" June 1987 p. 5

dave@lsuc.UUCP (06/05/87)

Someone posted to tor.general a couple of months ago about a
reporter looking for people who "telecommute" (work from home
via modem or whatever). I followed it up, and the result, for
anyone who's interested, is on page 5 of the June 1987 issue of
"Toronto Computes!".  I gather this rag (which is free) is given
away at computer stores and the like. (I'd never seen it before.)
Anyway, just in case some of the people I email with want to
know what I do or what a fuzzy photo of me looks like... :-)

David Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
--
{ seismo!mnetor  cbosgd!utgpu  watmath  decvax!utcsri  ihnp4!utzoo } !lsuc!dave

rae@unicus.UUCP (06/05/87)

In article <1841@lsuc.UUCP> dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
| .. page 5 of the June 1987 issue of
|"Toronto Computes!".
| .. just in case some of the people I email with want to
|know what I do or what a fuzzy photo of me looks like... :-)
|
|David Sherman
|The Law Society of Upper Canada

"At home his equipment can operate at **ONLY** 9600 baud.."  Only?!
*sigh..
--
					--=+ Reid

dave@lsuc.UUCP (06/08/87)

In <621@unicus.UUCP> rae@unicus.UUCP (Reid Ellis) writes:
>In article <1841@lsuc.UUCP> dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
>| .. page 5 of the June 1987 issue of
>|"Toronto Computes!".
>| .. just in case some of the people I email with want to
>|know what I do or what a fuzzy photo of me looks like... :-)
>
>"At home his equipment can operate at **ONLY** 9600 baud.."  Only?!
>*sigh..

Well, that one didn't some out quite the way I said it (the rest
of the article was surprisingly accurate).  First of all, I'd used
1200 up until a few months ago.  Secondly, 9600 bps at home isn't
like 9600 direct-connect.  See <1840@lsuc.UUCP> in comp.dcom.modems
for some of the problems.

(Incidentally, in case anyone still cares to find it, the cover
of Toronto Computes! announces that it's available at all Metro
24-hour Becker's stores.)