[tor.general] 2400 Baud modems $CDN 230

rae@unicus.UUCP (Reid) (03/22/88)

yann@ai.toronto.edu (Yann le Cun) writes:
>There is an other el cheapo 2400b modem on the market, the name is
>Supra. I have seen ads for it at 229 US$.

In October, I and a few others in Toronto were involved in a 'bulk'
purchase of some Practical Peripherals 2400 baud modems.  The discount
price was $US 160, and I suspect the non-discount price was 20% more
than that -- or about $US 190.  At that time, the non-discount
*Canadian* price would have ended up being about $275, but now with the
stronger Canadian dollar, it would be as little as $260.

In other words, I would suggest looking into Practical Peripherals 2400
baud modems.  It's what unicus has been using for the last couple of
months with great success.  Coach House Press [chp] is also using one.

---
Reid Ellis <rae@unicus.com>		"Howdy"
176 Brookbanks Dr, Don Mills, Ontario
M3A 2T5   Canada, (416) 446-1644