[tor.general] New Newsgroup - tor.market

stacey@hcr.UUCP (Stacey Campbell) (12/19/88)

It seems that 80 per cent of articles posted to tor.general deal with
items for sale, items wanted, or accommodation.  Let's hear some discussion
regarding creation of a tor.market newsgroup.

If there is enough support perhaps some individual out there could send
out the appropriate control message for the creation of that group.

--
Stacey Campbell, HCR Corporation, {lsuc,utzoo,utcsri}!hcr!stacey

msb@sq.uucp (Mark Brader) (12/20/88)

> It seems that 80 per cent of articles posted to tor.general deal with
> items for sale, items wanted, or accommodation.  Let's hear some discussion
> regarding creation of a tor.market newsgroup.

I don't feel strongly about it, but I don't think the volume is sufficient.
But if it is worthwhile splitting tor.general, it probably should be split
several ways, rather than lumping all those things into one tor.market group.

Mark Brader			"That's what progress is for.  Progress
SoftQuad Inc., Toronto		 is for creating new forms of aggravation."
utzoo!sq!msb, msb@sq.com				-- Keith Jackson

rae@geaclib.UUCP (Reid Ellis) (12/21/88)

Well, if we follow net vernacular, we would create tor.forsale.

But judging by a large number of articles, there should be a tor.forrent, or
since asking for, and offering, places for rent are equally frequent possibly
simply a tor.rent?

Reid
--
Reid Ellis