[tor.general] FTL SYSTEMS - Anybody know where they are?

gw@sickkids.UUCP (Graham Wilson) (03/31/89)

Does anyone know if FTL SYSTEMS still exists?

I know they were still in business two years ago (their office was
on the north side of Eglinton a few blocks east of Yonge).  They sold
a TeX package for the Macintosh.

There is no listing in the phone book, and 411 couldn't find them.

Any help is muchly appreciated.

daveb@geaclib.UUCP (David Collier-Brown) (04/01/89)

From article <146@sickkids.UUCP>, by gw@sickkids.UUCP (Graham Wilson):
> I know they were still in business two years ago (their office was
> on the north side of Eglinton a few blocks east of Yonge).  They sold
> a TeX package for the Macintosh.
>
> There is no listing in the phone book, and 411 couldn't find them.

  411 is a bitty brain-damaged.  Try 395-1655. They've moved and
become fairly inactive, but they existed last month...

  --dave (we track all our compeditors. You want frame's number?) c-b
--
 David Collier-Brown.  | yunexus!lethe!dave
 Interleaf Canada Inc. |

msb@sq.com (Mark Brader) (04/06/89)

> > There is no listing in the phone book, and 411 couldn't find them.

I found this exchange surprising enough that I waited a couple of days
to see if anyone else would fup before doing so...

FTL Systems, whoever they may be, certainly are in the phone book.
To find them, you merely have to understand that Bell Canada gives
special treatment to "names consisting of initials", and look on
page 560 instead of page 625 (in the 1989 book).

The address 5334 Yonge is given; that's way up there in North York.
The phone number was already posted.

> 411 is a bitty brain-damaged.

If *they* don't know how to look up a name consisting of initials --
you said it!

--
Mark Brader		   "... there is no such word as 'impossible' in
SoftQuad Inc., Toronto	    my dictionary.  In fact, everything between

This article is in the public domain.

root@arakis.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) (04/07/89)

In article <1989Apr5.131402.29457@sq.com> msb@sq.com (Mark Brader) writes:
>> 411 is a bitty brain-damaged.
>
>If *they* don't know how to look up a name consisting of initials --
>you said it!

They actually told my poor mother that AT&T didn't have an office in
Toronto, even after she told them that she had a son that worked there.
We're talking _really_ swift people here ;-)

--
Hans Jespersen                 UUCP: uunet!attcan!nebulus!arakis!hans
                                 or     ..!attcan!hjespers