[tor.general] CFNY's morning man

bryon@telly.UUCP (Bryon Johnson) (04/16/89)

About a month or so ago, Steve Anthony went on vacation for a couple of weeks
or so, but it seems he's overstayed the vacation (at least on CFNY).

Naturally, nobody seems to acknowledge he even existed.

I've probably missed all the news in the papers (which I occasionally read)...
any scuttlebut out there...I know some out there were making some noises about
CFNY messing around with its format a few months ago.

Many thanks.
bryon@telly.on.ca

--
    Bryon Johnson , Don Mills, Ontario Canada
    bryon@telly.on.ca

soley@moegate.UUCP (Norman S. Soley) (04/18/89)

In article <923@telly.UUCP> bryon@telly.UUCP (Bryon Johnson) writes:
>About a month or so ago, Steve Anthony went on vacation for a couple of weeks
>or so, but it seems he's overstayed the vacation (at least on CFNY).
>
>Naturally, nobody seems to acknowledge he even existed.

Well it seems that he has been sacked. His replacement is being made to do the
same dumb gags he did. Uughh.

>I've probably missed all the news in the papers (which I occasionally read)...
>any scuttlebut out there...I know some out there were making some noises about
>CFNY messing around with its format a few months ago.

CFNY goes up in front of the CRTC in May to gain approval for the transfer of
ownership from Selkirk to McLean-Hunter. Apparently a number of complaints have
been lodged against the current direction of the station. There's still time to
send your letter, send it by registered mail or courier to CFNY, then send a
copy, with the registration slip to the CRTC in Ottawa. Try to aviod
"It was my favorite station and now they changed it" that won't carry much
wieght, they'll be looking for letters expressing concern over the loss of
diversity in the Toronto airwaves, or causing increased pressure on alternative
licensees such as CKLN and CIUT to increase the content of "commercial" music
to fill the niche CFNY has vacated.

--
Norman Soley - The Communications Guy - Ontario Ministry of the Environment
Until the next maps go out:	moegate!soley@ontenv.UUCP

hjespers@vpk4.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) (04/18/89)

In article <923@telly.UUCP> bryon@telly.UUCP (Bryon Johnson) writes:
>About a month or so ago, Steve Anthony went on vacation for a couple of weeks
>or so, but it seems he's overstayed the vacation (at least on CFNY).

Yippy! You mean he's actually gone ?! Yippy!
Hopefully he's gone back to CHOM in Montreal.

CFNY has gone downhill ever since they stop broadcasting from
Brampton and moved over to the CN Tower.

If you want a real morning show, tune in to The Q Morning Zoo.

"What some FRESH squeezed orange juice honey??"

--
Hans Jespersen                UUCP: uunet!attcan!hjespers
AT&T Canada Inc.                or     ..!attcan!nebulus!arakis!hans

zougas@me.utoronto.ca ("Athanasios(Tom) Zougas") (04/20/89)

In article <249@moegate.UUCP> soley@moegate.UUCP (Norman S. Soley) writes:
>In article <923@telly.UUCP> bryon@telly.UUCP (Bryon Johnson) writes:
>>About a month or so ago, Steve Anthony went on vacation for a couple of weeks
>>or so, but it seems he's overstayed the vacation (at least on CFNY).
>>
>>Naturally, nobody seems to acknowledge he even existed.
>
>Well it seems that he has been sacked. His replacement is being made to do the
>same dumb gags he did. Uughh.

I've seen Steve Anthony on MuchMusic. And I think he's still alive :-)

Tom

--
This is my Signature:

	tom zougas