[tor.general] last minute posting of events

peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) (05/18/89)

david@torsqnt.UUCP (David Haynes) writes:

> I don't really mean to be picky, but posting this message about the
> CIPS presentation on the day before it happens almost totally guarantees
> that most folk will not be able to attend. Firstly, news propagation
> means the article will not reach even all the sites in Toronto that day;
> Secondly, some (most) of us need more than 24 hours to change evening
> plans; thirdly, some of us can't get to our news but once a day.

These posters must be unimaginably stupid, in addition to being late,
if they are unaware of the blatantly obvious verities stated above.
(And, if they had a frailer ego than I they might feel that insult is being
added to injury. :-)

Perhaps they consider that pleasing some of the people some of the time
is worth the aggravation ...

So, is there anyone who doesn't know about the Unix show right now
(May 17-19) at the Convention Centre?

--
Peter Renzland @ Ontario Ministry of Health  416/964-9141  peter@ontmoh.UUCP
/usr/group/cdn Director (semi-retired)   ugc office: 259-8122 usrgroup@utgpu

mike@ists.ists.ca (Mike Clarkson) (05/20/89)

In article <611477109.8163@ontmoh.UUCP>, peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) writes:

> So, is there anyone who doesn't know about the Unix show right now
> (May 17-19) at the Convention Centre?

I got my invitation to the show from DEC today, to see their Ultrix booth.

Maybe that's why I'm, posting this from a Sun.

Mike.

--
Mike Clarkson					mike@ists.ists.ca
Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science	uunet!attcan!ists!mike