[tor.general] CARAVAN

peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) (06/19/89)

Well, so far I've only been to *Shannon*.  There was good dancing.
(Waltzes, Polkas, etc.).
TRANZAC (*Sidney-Auckland*) has good late-night dancing,
although it's a bit loud, crowded, and smoky.
*Riga* used to have good ballroom dancing, but it appears to have disappeared.
And the crowd had *Kiev* has become to young even for me :-)

Has anyone else been to pavillions they can recommend?

BTW, I keep hearing rumors that Route 66 still exists.  Anyone know where?

--
  ,   @      _{)_  ,
   \/( )\/"\/\  /\/    Peter Renzland, Ontario Ministry of Health

root@helios.toronto.edu (Operator) (06/20/89)

In article <890618.2114.9957@ontmoh.UUCP> peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) writes:

>BTW, I keep hearing rumors that Route 66 still exists.  Anyone know where?

On the off chance that you're referring to the old highway (" ... get your
kicks on Route 66 ...") and not something more modern that I don't know about,
there is at least part of Route 66 in New Mexico. I *think* that part of what
is now Interstate 25 runs along the old route, and there is a State Highway
66 which continues it west into Arizona.

I may be a bit confused about which highway number it is now, but the original
route is still in use. I don't know the full path in other states.
--
 Ruth Milner          UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!sysruth
 Systems Manager      BITNET - sysruth@utorphys

peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) (06/21/89)

From article <830@helios.toronto.edu>, by root@helios.toronto.edu (Operator):
> In article <890618.2114.9957@ontmoh.UUCP> peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) writes:
>>
>>BTW, I keep hearing rumors that Route 66 still exists.  Anyone know where?
>>
> On the off chance that you're referring to the old highway (" ... get your
> kicks on Route 66 ...")
[ ... good highway information deleted ... ]
>  Ruth Milner          UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!sysruth

Hm.  I suppose I should have explained that a bit more.   The "Route 66"
I had in mind was a dance place.  It used to be somewhere on Jarvis Street
and had good Rock 'N Roll (Jive) dancing.  It was run by people who enjoyed
dancing, and who were actually there to dance with and teach people, at
least some of the time.  This was maybe 10 years ago.  I keep hearing that
it moved (or re-emerged) somewhere else, but I haven't heard anything
definite.

I've also heard of a place called Graceland, in Scarboro, but I haven't
been there.

Anyone know of good places to dance?  I suppose I'll crosspost to
ont.singles.

--
Peter Renzland

bpd@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca (Brian P. Dickson) (06/21/89)

In article <830@helios.toronto.edu> sysruth@helios.physics.utoronto.ca (Operator) writes:
>In article <890618.2114.9957@ontmoh.UUCP> peter@ontmoh.UUCP (Peter Renzland) writes:
>>
>>BTW, I keep hearing rumors that Route 66 still exists.  Anyone know where?
>>
>... I don't know the full path in other states.

Maybe you could ask your mailer!  :-)
--
Brian Dickson
NTT Systems Inc.