[tor.general] Microcom modem meeded immediately. Where from?

hugh@censor.UUCP (Hugh D. Gamble) (09/01/89)

If anyone knows where I could get a Microcom QX-V.32C modem
by tomorrow (Fri.) morning, please let me know.

A report that another V.32 compatible modem does or does not
quite talk properly to a Microcom would also be useful.

My other option is having someone at the other end grab a
Hayes V series in a hurry.

Any prompt messages that can be emailed to hugh@censor and/or
left in the answering machine at 581-4354 would be much
appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Hugh D. Gamble (416) 581-4354 (wk), 267-6159 (hm) (Std. Disclaimers)
hugh@censor, kink!hugh@censor

In article <987@censor.UUCP>, hugh@censor.UUCP (Hugh D. Gamble) writes:
> If anyone knows where I could get a Microcom QX-V.32C modem
> by tomorrow (Fri.) morning, please let me know.

It looks like Businessland can get me one fast.

I also think (because her line is busy) that my person at this
end managed to get a Hayes modem talking to the microcom.

I could still use a couple of V.32 modems, to decrease the
likelyhood of a similar panic in the near future, but I
think I can get some sleep tonight first :-)

Thanks for putting up with a message that was probably
mostly moot by the time you got it.