[tor.general] Where to find Jolt! Cola?

bmw@isgtec.UUCP (Bruce Walker) (11/09/89)

In article <22448.AA22448@kink> hugh@kink.UUCP (Hugh D. Gamble @ Phaedra V's Amiga 2500) writes:
> I know there are places in Toronto that sell it & I even saw a
> delivery van with the Jolt! logo drive past my place in Scarberia
> the other day.  Could someone let me know which places carry it
> so I can stock up?  It tastes awful, but I like the concept :-)
>
> P.S. I heard a rumour that Pepsi may be coming out with a heavier
> duty cola too.
> --
> # Hugh D. Gamble (416) 267-6159  No Disclaimers.
> # hugh@kink.UUCP

Hugh, I gather from this that you are looking for psycho-active
beverages; I can't tell you about Jolt! but have you heard about
"Blast"?  This is a product from a bizarre company in California
(yeah, right) that goes by the name of "Vitamin Research Products".
These biochemists have mixed up a witches brew of vitamins and
caffeine that seems to have very invigorating effects on dulled
minds.  It's expensive ($20 CDN for a bottle), comes in powder form
(mix with 6oz of cold water) and tastes faintly like Tang.  You
drink some first thing in the morning and again at noon and WOW!,
code all day non-stop!! :-)

There is also "Fast Blast", "Serene" and something that is supposed
to improve memory retention.  The Blast products are supposed to
induce production of a chemical called "noradrenalin" which acts
as a stimulant to your brain.  They even have papers/adverts that
they'll send you for free.

My SO and I tried their products for about 2 months and are of
mixed opinions about them.  We'll likely order some more to
experiment further -- we've both been stressed lately and any
positive effects would probably show up fairly clearly.
Some friends have tried Blast and are quite convinced that it
helps to improve alertness during long work days.

If there is interest, I'll post information about contacting
this company.  There are no distributers in Canada, you would
have to import it yourself.
--
Bruce Walker                          ...uunet!mnetor!lsuc!isgtec!bmw
"Better Living Through Connectivity"       ...utzoo!censor!isgtec!bmw

kpicott%alias@csri.utoronto.ca (Socrates) (11/10/89)

 ========

>Some friends have tried Blast and are quite convinced that it
>helps to improve alertness during long work days.

Gee, how would a product loaded with caffeine be able to do that? :-|

Seriously, if you want to improve alertness during long work days try:
	(1) Getting the proper amount of rest
	(2) Getting the proper type of rest
	    or, if these are not possible
	(3) Cold Shower
	(4) Have a liquid breakfast  (no, not that-- Orange juice :-)
	(5) Morning T'ai Chi (gets the blood moving)

I always hate seeing people degenerate into slavering monsters before their
morning coffee.  It *is* possible to keep yourself alert without chemicals!
(This coming from a person who hates waking up before the crack of noon.)

ross@aimed.UUCP (Ross Morrissey) (11/14/89)

I was in the 7-Eleven accross from The Real Jerk yesterday (Broadview & Queen).

They sell Jolt ($.70/280ml).  They don't sell it by the case.

--
Ross Morrissey                            ross@aimed.UUCP
AIM Inc. (416) 423-1085                   {utzoo,utai}!lsuc!aimed!ross

"Forgive me, I'm just a Pick Programmer."