[tor.general] ``Energy Pigs'' series on CityTV

mason@tmsoft.uucp (Dave Mason) (11/24/89)

Sorry, I don't know much more than that:

	``this series of in-depth reports on how wasteful Canadians
	are of energy is on all this week on CityPulse News''

  I don't have a TV, so can't say much more....I just heard an ad for
this on the radio.  Should be interesting, expecially to those who feel
the world is unfolding according to plan.

	../Dave

-- My brain's already full of mashed potatoes, I don't need TV!

doug@sis.uucp (doug berry) (11/24/89)

In article <1989Nov24.034654.22331@tmsoft.uucp> mason@tmsoft.UUCP
(Dave Mason) writes:

[stuff about something possibly useful on television deleted]

>  I don't have a TV, so can't say much more....I just heard an ad for
>this on the radio.
>	../Dave
>
>-- My brain's already full of mashed potatoes, I don't need TV!

Bravo Dave!
I get a very mixed reaction from people when i admit to this ;-)

I've found that without access to as many feeds as possible (last of
which would be most of the terrestrial goop) and a couple of
automated vcr's to snag the stuff, plus maybe a `keyword/visual'
method of filtering it, the signal to noise ratio is just to high.

I find the cinema, books, and radio to be much more satisfying media.

I like one of my colleagues bumper stickers "KILL YOUR TELEVISION".

--
                  Hiss at commercials in the cinema!
       ...utzoo\