[tor.general] Doris, Harry, and Rover

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (02/06/90)

WRT the TTC shelter advertisements from MediaCom:  anyone know what
this is leading up to?  Or who it's for?

Last week:	"Come home Doris.  Rover misses you.  Harry"
This week:	"You're a dog Harry.  Leave Rover out of this.  Doris"

--
Doug Eastick -- eastick@me.utoronto.ca

doc@dgp.toronto.edu (Blaine Price) (02/06/90)

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) writes:

>WRT the TTC shelter advertisements from MediaCom:  anyone know what
>this is leading up to?  Or who it's for?

>Last week:	"Come home Doris.  Rover misses you.  Harry"
>This week:	"You're a dog Harry.  Leave Rover out of this.  Doris"

>--
>Doug Eastick -- eastick@me.utoronto.ca

This appears to be a "teaser" ad campaign, possibly with the only goal
of getting people to read transit ads.  Your list is incomplete, however
(you forgot fred).  The complete list as of this morning (courtesy of the
DGP TTC Transit Ad Watchers Club) is:

"Doris, Come home.  All is forgiven.  -Harry."  all 'r's are offset up slightly

"Go stuff it, Harry.  -Doris"   all 'a's are offset up slightly

"Come on, Doris.  Rover misses you.  -Harry"   (typewriter error unknown)

"Doris, Forget Harry.  I'm free.  -Fred"   [back of buses]  (error unknown)

"You're a dog, Harry.  Leave Rover out of this.  -Doris"    (error unknown)

						_Blaine (& Ian & George)

dee@ghp.UUCP (Diane Vint) (02/07/90)

In article <1990Feb5.164236.12617@me.toronto.edu> eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) writes:
>WRT the TTC shelter advertisements from MediaCom:  anyone know what
>this is leading up to?  Or who it's for?
I think that this is leading up to a new sitcom on T.V.  The new ratings
come out this month so the networks are giving it all they got.  I think
that is a real attention getter advertising campaign.
--
| Diane Vint, Gellman.Hayward & Partners Ltd                                  |