[tor.general] Latest Greatest Bestest C++ Tutorial Books?

mike@client2.DRETOR.UUCP (Mike Cummings ) (06/25/90)

In article <895@brambo.UUCP> sid@brambo.UUCP (Sid Van den Heede) writes:
>While we're at it, does anybody know of *any* good computer/technical
>book store in TO or KW?  (World's Biggest isn't one of them.)  It
>seems impossible to get the really good books, like Bach's book, or
>Writing UNIX Device Drivers...  Do I have to make a special order to
>get everything that's good?

I'm not sure about the specific books that you mention, but I've found
that one of the best stores is the University of Toronto bookstore.
It's on the north-west corner of St. George and College, in the Koffler
Centre.  The computer section is in the south east corner of the bottom
floor of the store, and has quite a selection of texts, reference
manuals, magazines ... as well as the sort of cheep tutorial books that
seem to flood the rest of the stores in TO.  There is also the U of T
computer store upstairs, but that has hardly anything worth looking at.

Good luck and happy hunting!!

----->>>>>   mike@dretor.dciem.dnd.ca