[ba.general] Hello, baby

chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Raspach) (02/09/89)

>[...] will be off the
>net for a few weeks while I relax, move to my new job and get my new account
>set up.

"Hey, Joe! Get the lights up! Geoff! Fly the scrim, will ya? It's throwing
 shadows all over the set!

 Hey, Chuqieeee! Get over here! Look. There's your mark. Go stand on it while
 we set the lights. Jerry, will you puhleez tune that spot? He looks like
 death warmed over with those shadows! Makeup! Where's makeup? Will someone
 puhleez get that shine off his nose?

 Okay, Chuq, you ready? Let's see if we can get out of here with one take,
 right? Let's roll, folks!"

 "Chuq's back, take one. Roll film."

 "Action!"

 [Voiceover: "He's Baaaa-aaack!"]

 "Hi, all. Remember me? You have to excuse the dust -- we're still waiting
  for the carpet people to show up. Moving into a new home is a mess of
  details, and it takes forever to get everything settled. And no matter how
  hard you try, it's different and you can *never* find what box you stored
  something in.

  But that's beside the point. This promo is here to introduce you to "Chuqui 2:
  Back From the Void." We think Chuqui 2 is unlike most sequels -- it's going
  to be even *better* than the original. But as you can see, there's still a
  lot of work to do before it's fully operational. But we didn't want to keep
  you in suspense.

  My new account is chuq@apple.com, and my new home, obviously, is here at
  Apple. I'm going to be playing with Macs and I'm going to be working with
  AUX, and I couldn't be happier.

  I'm glad to be back. Be seeing you!"

 [voiceover: Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the networks:
  Chuqui 2: Back From the Void. Coming soon to a network near you. He's
  baaa-aaack! And there's no way to hide.....  Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!]

 "Cut! Not bad! Irving, how's the video? Fred, did the sound come through? It
  sounds a bit squeaky towards the end, but we can loop that out for the
  release. Great! One take! That's a wrap, folks -- let's all get outta here!"

tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) (02/09/89)

In article <25513@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Raspach) writes:

Chuqui, my man, I'm pretty sure that's "Rospach".  Don't you think this name
change business has gone far enough?  I mean, what's next, Chuq Vin Raspach?
Choq Van Ruspuch?  Voq Chin Pruchus?

>"Hey, Joe! Get the lights up! Geoff! Fly the scrim, will ya?
> Jerry, will you puhleez tune that spot?
> "Cut! Not bad! Irving, how's the video? Fred, did the sound come through?

OK, what's with the lack of female employees?  Looks like a prima facie case
for an AA suit....
--
Tim Maroney, Consultant, Eclectic Software, sun!hoptoad!tim
"I am convinced that cross-posting is an evil Satanic plot."
Tim Maroney, Consultant, Eclectic Software, sun!hoptoad!tim
"I am convinced that cross-posting is an evil Satanic plot."
    -- Eugene Miya on soc.net-people, misc.headlines, misc.kids, misc.misc,
		      news.misc, and soc.misc

booter@pyramid.pyramid.com (Elaine Richards) (02/11/89)

The mere thought of every single job-changer on the net flooding the
net with such verbosity to so many newsgroups truly boggles the mind.

All this from someone who wrote part of the netiquette document.

ER