[net.rec.disc] Ultimate

glass@houxf.UUCP (11/17/83)

Subject: Ultimate
Newsgroups: nec.rec.disc

I am glad to see an interest in Ultimate out there in netland.
I joined the net recently and have waited with bated breath for
an article in this newsgroup.  I applaud Mr. Francisco (Phil) for
his valiant attempt at mustering interest for ultimate.  Frisbee
has been a part of my life for many years now and Ultimate was
and is my favorite sport.  How 'bout it Chicago burbs?  Are you
going to get together on this?  By the way, indoor Ultimate is
an excellent way of satisfying disc desires during dreary dreadfully
cold winter days.

--Ken Glass
 houxf!glass
----- News saved at Thu, 17-Nov-83 15:32:23 EST

steere@opus.UUCP (12/07/83)

greetings,

	psyched to see a somewhat resurgence of this group. the
news has gotten me to come out of the closet. i'm wondering what
the results of the regionals for the other areas of the country.
I played on the motley coup from Boulder Colo. a split from the
Boulder 1 team. we didn't survive sectionals allowing Boulder 1,
Tuscon, and Albuquerque to goto regionals in davis, ca. results from
davis are condors, spinoffs, s.c. chaos, circus, boulder. I could
be wrong so if anybody really knows please post.
	Having played for Ultimate Whoopie for many years i would,
be curious to know how the games in the Northeast went, both college
and club. The Northeast due to the experience difference split into
two leagues college and club. Any college that wanted to compete on
the club level was more than welcome to. Would also like to see a
discussion on the 8th Edition rules especially traveling and the like.
Also wondering if anyone else has noticed the aggression differences
between the east and west coast teams.
	In answer to that query about chicago teams, there are a
few, the only team that i know of is Windy City. A friend from WUFO
plays for them. He should be able to steer you to a team near you.
WUFO stands for Williams Ultimate Frisbee Organization. Known for
their bizarre antics and costumes, and the ever popular Nth Annual
Purple Valley Classic. His telephone numbers are the following:

	Bob Rauch Jr.
	312-883-1923 home
	312-346-0350 work

Can't guarentee the home number but would recommend that first.
	Also what happened in the Nationals turkey weekend in new
orleans?  Please no flames if this is garbled or ends up elsewhere
than net.rec.disc, first news.

			later,
			  andy steere
				ucbvax!nbires!opus!steere