[net.text] troff spacing on versatecs

jst@wucs.UUCP (04/19/84)

We've just recently set-up a versatec to run with troff and I'm
having trouble with the character spacings. I know how to get the
standard hershey font to work right (the .fp's in the troff file),
but what do you do if you want to use some of the other fonts.
In particular, suppose you want to use a constant width font and
a proportionally spaced font within the same paper? Where does troff
get the spacing info? Also, does anyone have a `times special' font
that has all the special characters? Send replies to
...!ihnp4!afinitc!wuibc!jst. Thanks.

					Jon Turner
					Washington University (St. Louis)

Newsgroups: net.general