[net.text] Imagen 8/300 Ditroff filter wanted

arnold@gatech.UUCP (Mister Snuffle-upagus) (11/29/84)

We will soon be getting an Imagen 8/300 laser printer with TCP/IP Ethernet
support for our 4.2 systems.  We also have Ditroff.  While bare troff can
be used to drive it, we have ditroff, and would like to get hold of a filter
which will convert ditroff output into Imagen 8/300 input.

Has anyone done this already?  It would save us a lot of time and trouble
(and learning curve).  If it is too big to ship via mail, we'll be happy to
send a tape and pay for postage (both ways even!).

Thanks in advance,
--
Arnold Robbins
CSNET: arnold@gatech	ARPA:	arnold%gatech.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?

david@bragvax.UUCP (David DiGiacomo) (12/04/84)

In article <11029@gatech.UUCP> arnold@gatech.UUCP (Mister Snuffle-upagus) writes:
>We will soon be getting an Imagen 8/300 laser printer with TCP/IP Ethernet
>support for our 4.2 systems.  We also have Ditroff.  While bare troff can
>be used to drive it, we have ditroff, and would like to get hold of a filter
>which will convert ditroff output into Imagen 8/300 input.
>
>Has anyone done this already?

Bell supplies a postprocessor with ditroff, but it is supposedly
hard-coded for 240 dpi.  Imagen sells their own 240/300/480 dpi
postprocessor for the bargain price of $1000 (I guess that's for
source).

--
David DiGiacomo, BRAG Systems Inc., San Mateo CA  (415) 342-3963
(...decvax!ucbvax!hplabs!bragvax!david)