[net.text] Searching for NeX

pjg@unrvax.UUCP (Paul Graham) (07/08/85)

In article <15589@watmath.UUCP> jmsellens@watmath.UUCP (John M Sellens) writes:
>>What *I* really want is a clean, portable DVI to moderate resolution dot
>>matrix printer.  Admittedly Macs are cheap but an FX-85 is quite a bit
>>cheaper. ...  I might feel better if the target was an IBM PC rather than
>>the Mac.
>I thought that someone would say this, but no one has yet:  There are several
>implementations of TeX for the PC that print on Epson printers.  In fact,
>John

Oooops, I guess I wasn't clear enuff.  When refering to the PC as a target
instead of the Mac I was refering to a *screen* (bit-mapped) previewer.
With regard to the newer (240 dpi) dot-matrix printers I'd like to see a
nice driver in the public domain.  I have nothing against A/W and David
Fuchs, Lance Carnes or anybody else making money but out here we don't
have any to spend.  (In fact in 30 seconds I'm going to have to put another
quarter in this crt).

Sorree about the confusion.
--
Thanks for your time.