[net.text] print file repeatedly in Wordstar

archer@kodak.UUCP (steve archer) (07/20/85)

Can one repeatedly print the same file in Wordstar without having to start
the process everytime?  I like to use my printer as a cheap copier, but
dislike having to babysit the process.

steve {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!archer

jp@lanl.ARPA (07/21/85)

> Can one repeatedly print the same file in Wordstar without having to start
> the process everytime?

A simple way to do this is to use Mail-Merge.  If you don't have it another
approach is to use ^KB -- ^KK to mark the whole text.  Then use ^KC repeatedly
to make as many copies as you desire.  If you have page numbering turned on
put a .pn1 at the top of the block. Also, put a .pa at the bottom to ensure
that each copy starts at the beginning of a page.

The best thing about Wordstar is if you want to do something there is usually
a way to do it.

Jim Potter jp@lanl.arpa

edwards@harvard.ARPA (Bill Edwards) (07/22/85)

My version of Wordstar (2.26) has a 'number of copies' option to the
'M' (merge-print) command on the NO-FILE menu.

					Bill Edwards
					Harvard University

					edwards@harvard.ARPA
					edwards@harvard.UUCP

rlk@wlcrjs.UUCP (Richard L. Klappal) (07/27/85)

In article <112@kodak.UUCP> archer@kodak.UUCP (steve archer) writes:
>Can one repeatedly print the same file in Wordstar without having to start
>the process everytime?  I like to use my printer as a cheap copier, but
>dislike having to babysit the process.
>
>steve {allegra,seismo}!rochester!kodak!archer

With Mailmerge, just specify the number of copies.  Without Mailmerge,
babysit, or block copy the entire document onto the end of itself
nn times, then print it

	^K^B at the beginning
	^K^K at the end
	^K^C makes a total of 2 copys

then
	^K^B at the beginning
	^K^K at the end
	^K^C makes a total of 4 copys, .. etc.

Richard Klappal

UUCP:		..!ihnp4!wlcrjs!uklpl!rlk  | "Money is truthful.  If a man
MCIMail:	rklappal		   | speaks of his honor, make him
Compuserve:	74106,1021		   | pay cash."
USPS:		1 S 299 Danby Street	   |
		Villa Park IL 60181	   |	Lazarus Long
TEL:		(312) 620-4988		   |	    (aka R. Heinlein)