[net.text] 2-column troff question

etan@tellab1.UUCP (Nate Stelton) (09/10/85)

Is it possible to use 2 columns in troff and specify a different width for
each column?  Anyone out there know?

                                      -etan

ed@mtxinu.UUCP (Ed Gould) (09/13/85)

In article <577@tellab1.UUCP> etan@tellab3.UUCP (Nate Stelton) writes:

>Is it possible to use 2 columns in troff and specify a different width for
>each column?  Anyone out there know?

Nearly anything is *possible* in troff, including different-width columns.
However, I've never seen anybody write a macro package (read: program troff)
to do anything but equal-width.  If you lake a look at the multi-column
macros in -ms, -mm, or -me, you may get an idea about how to do it.

--
Ed Gould                    mt Xinu, 2910 Seventh St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!mtxinu!ed   +1 415 644 0146

"A man of quality is not threatened by a woman of equality."