[net.text] Reference/Bib Program Wanted for the PC

mr@isrnix.UUCP (michael regoli) (12/17/85)

]:[

i'm wondering if anyone in "netland" has a microcomputer program for
maintaining references and bibliographic entries that they would be
willing to share.

i'm pretty much fed up with "REFER(1)" simply because it cannot handle
mutliple or corporate authors, and was not written to conform to MLA
style.

can anyone help?  how about DbaseII/III programs out there for this
type of application?

are there any public domain reference programs around?

thanks in advance for your comments.  i will be more than happy to post
a summarization to the network.

                .^.                        michael regoli
                /|\        ...ihnp4!inuxc!iuvax!isrnix!mr
               '|!|`                     <mr@isrnix.UUCP>

mark@umcp-cs.UUCP (Mark Weiser) (01/12/86)

In article <646@isrnix.UUCP> mr@isrnix.UUCP (michael regoli) writes:
>i'm pretty much fed up with "REFER(1)" simply because it cannot handle
>mutliple or corporate authors, and was not written to conform to MLA
>style.

I use refer(1) for multiple and corporate authors all the time, works
fine.  Do you use %Q for corporate authors?  And what is the problem
with multiple?
	-mark
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark@maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817