[net.misc] GIA TIS PALIES KALES MERES

phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) (02/23/86)

Hey guys, you have *GOT* to read this posting!  It's much to long to
include in this follow-up, but believe me, it's worth subscibing to
net.nlang.greek just to read.  Ignore the first paragraph, it's just
a blind to make those scanning quickly miss the meat of the posting.
The line-count is the spoiler, though.

Those who are having a love-affair with FORTRAN, though, had best
'caveat emptor'.

Be seeing you...
--
					The Phoenix
					(Neither Bright, Dark, nor Young)

---"A man should live forever...or die trying."
---"There is no substitute for good manners...except fast reflexes."

neal@fear.UUCP (Neal Bedard) (02/26/86)

In article <2564@genat.UUCP>, phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) writes:
> Hey guys, you have *GOT* to read this posting! [...]
>
> Those who are having a love-affair with FORTRAN, though, had best
> 'caveat emptor'.
>
> Be seeing you...
> --
> 					The Phoenix

Said article first appeared awhile back in _Datamation_ ("Reader's Forum",
June (?) 1984) if that's a clue. I won't divulge the title, tho', you'll just
have to read it for yourselves...

-Neal

--
"whaddya mean there were bullet-holes in his mirror..."
UUCP: {turtlevax, resonex, cae780}!weitek!neal

awr@panda.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (02/27/86)

In article <344@fear.UUCP> neal@fear.UUCP (Neal Bedard) writes:
>In article <2564@genat.UUCP>, phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) writes:
>> Hey guys, you have *GOT* to read this posting! [...]
>>
>> Those who are having a love-affair with FORTRAN, though, had best
>> 'caveat emptor'.
>>

>Said article first appeared awhile back in _Datamation_ ("Reader's Forum",
>June (?) 1984) if that's a clue. I won't divulge the title, tho', you'll just
>have to read it for yourselves...

Actually, it had been circulating "underground" for quite some time before
appearing in _Datamation_.  I recall seeing an Nth-generation photocopy of it
circa 1982.

AWR

phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) (03/23/86)

In article <167@aecom2.UUCP> nschwart@aecom2.UUCP (Naftoli Schwartz) writes:
>> Url thlf, lbh unir *TBG* gb ernq guvf cbfgvat!  Vg'f zhpu gb ybat gb
>> vapyhqr va guvf sbyybj-hc, ohg oryvrir zr, vg'f jbegu fhofpvovat gb
>> arg.aynat.terrx whfg gb ernq.  Vtaber gur svefg cnentencu, vg'f whfg
>> n oyvaq gb znxr gubfr fpnaavat dhvpxyl zvff gur zrng bs gur cbfgvat.
>> Gur yvar-pbhag vf gur fcbvyre, gubhtu.
>> 					Gur Cubravk
>> 					(Arvgure Oevtug, Qnex, abe Lbhat)
>>
>Can anyone out there in net land tell me who "Naftoli Schwartz" and
why he has been rotating *my* unoffensive articles and reposting them to
net under *his* name?  A short extract is above to demonstate what he
has been doing.  FRUSTRATION!!!!!

--
					The Phoenix
					(Neither Bright, Dark, nor Young)

---"A man should live forever...or die trying."
---"There is no substitute for good manners...except fast reflexes."
---"Never appeal to a man's "better nature".  He may not have one.
    Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage."