[net.text] Laser Printers with Postscript Interpreters

tony@ee.brunel.ac.uk (Tony Begg) (05/30/86)

Apart from the Apple LaserWriters, are there any other laser printers
offering a Postscript interpreter. What are their relative merits?
Any first hand experience? Manufacturers don't feel shy.

Sorry if this is a recurrent enquiry - mail me and I will summarize
to the net.

Tony Begg	(tony%ee.brunel.ac.uk@ucl-cs.arpa)

petel@tekig5.UUCP (Pete Lancashire) (06/03/86)

In article <308@brueer.ee.brunel.ac.uk>, tony@ee.brunel.ac.uk (Tony Begg) writes:
> Apart from the Apple LaserWriters, are there any other laser printers
> offering a Postscript interpreter. What are their relative merits?
> Any first hand experience? Manufacturers don't feel shy.
>
> Sorry if this is a recurrent enquiry - mail me and I will summarize
> to the net.
>
> Tony Begg	(tony%ee.brunel.ac.uk@ucl-cs.arpa)

I can't figure out how to reply via my mailer... so...

Dataproducts just came out with a PostScript version of their LZR-2600
which is based on a 26ppm Toshiba printer. The PostScript versions are:
The LZR-2660, limited to US Legal, and the LZR-2665, US Ledger/ISO,A3.

I will be getting one for evaluation this month.

The only thing I know about it is that the PostScript(tm) engine can not
keep up with the printer. As to how slow I do not know.

The UK contact on a Dataproducts list is;
	Egham,  GPO: 44-784-884777

Pete Lancashire    ....!tektronix!tekig5!petel