[net.text] DVI format

gjk@lanl.ARPA (Greg) (06/08/86)

I'm interesting in writing a program to convert DVI files to my own special
graphics system.  Does anyone have an explanation of the DVI format?  A code
listing of a dvi->? program might be sufficient or helpful.
--
Greg
gjk%a@lanl.arpa and greg@harvard.harvard.edu

peterson@milano.UUCP (06/09/86)

In article <4041@lanl.ARPA>, gjk@lanl.ARPA (Greg) writes:
> I'm interesting in writing a program to convert DVI files to
> Does anyone have an explanation of the DVI format?

There are two different interpretations for DVI: troff DVI and
TeX DVI.  They are quite different.  Troff DVI is ASCII and TeX
DVI is binary in addition to having quite different contents.
--
James Peterson
peterson@mcc.arpa  or  ...sally!im4u!milano!peterson