[net.text] troff

jrr@bsdpkh.UUCP (james r regan jr) (06/12/86)

Are there any books about troff/nroff/mm that are worth reading which
are not produced by AT&T and more current than 1900 ?

jrw@hropus.UUCP (Jim Webb) (06/12/86)

> Are there any books about troff/nroff/mm that are worth reading which
> are not produced by AT&T and more current than 1900 ?

Nerain Gehani's book "Document Formatting and Typesetting on the UNIX System"
is very good.  What's wrong with books produced by AT&T???
--
Jim Webb                                        ihnp4!houxm!hropus!jrw

mrl@oddjob.UUCP (Scott R. Anderson) (06/13/86)

In article <205@bsdpkh.UUCP> jrr@bsdpkh.UUCP (james r regan jr) writes:
>Are there any books about troff/nroff/mm that are worth reading which
>are not produced by AT&T and more current than 1900 ?

This book has been sitting on our shelves for a while:

	Word Processing on the UNIX System
	Morris Krieger
	McGraw-Hill, 1985
	ISBN 0-07-035498-7

I haven't ever used it myself, but from the table of contents,
approximately the first half discusses the editor ed (who uses
that for word processing?) and the file system, and the second
half is nroff/troff/-ms/tbl.  No discussion of the other macro
packages, or eqn.

					Scott Anderson
					ihnp4!oddjob!kaos!sra
--