[net.misc] *FLAME* Re: Computer Horror Stories

schuh@geowhiz.UUCP (David Schuh) (03/26/86)

In article <2050@gondor.UUCP> okunewck@gondor.UUCP (Philip E. OKunewick) writes:
>In article <723@osiris.UUCP> jsl@osiris.UUCP (Jeffrey S. Levine) writes:
>>> .
>>> .
>>> Jeff Sauder     {seismo,umcp-cs}!nbs-amrf!sauder
>>If there is no net.bizzare, where do they go?
>Oh gods of the network, we beseech you for a net.crashes.odd
>(or something like that.)
>
>In the meantime, I can not think of another place for them to go.
>net.jokes is populated with rubbish, much of it not worth reading.
>Some of these horror stories are not funny anyway, though still
>worth reading.  a Net.stories.horror won't do it, this stuff is not
>Alfred Hitchcock material.
>
>Cany anybody out there think of one word that means 'Computer Horror Stories"?
>
>							---Duck

I really dont think we should get to concerned about outbreaks of
this nature.  It seems simular things happen in each group and
every time there are always some who get annoyed.  Personally I just subscribed
because of a cross ref to net.misc, I went hungrily through ~170 articles in
a day, GREAT stuff.  Actually a new group is not really needed. If one just
has a little patience soon all of the stories get played out.  Count to ten
before you flame about outbreaks, besides they make life interesting.

Oh, BTW The perfect group name for all stories, horror or not would
                                       ^^^^^^^
be .... net.anecdotes.
[New World] Anecdote:
1) Little-known entertaining facts of history or biography; hence,
2) a short, entertaining account of some happening, usually personal
   or biographical.

Anecdote fits the bill perfectly for most of the recent 100 or so postings
in net.rumor.  How about net.anecdotes if people are really concerned.

dave schuh

IknowyoubelieveyouenderstandwhatIthinkIsaidbut
I'mnotsureyourealizethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatImeant.

!uwvax!geowhiz!schuh

shark@unirot.UUCP (chris rhodes) (03/27/86)

In article <391@geowhiz.UUCP> schuh@geowhiz.UUCP (David Schuh) writes:
>Oh, BTW The perfect group name for all stories, horror or not would
>                                       ^^^^^^^
>be .... net.anecdotes.

...and from there, we could have net.anecdotes.systemdeath.

---
Chris Rhodes / Shooting Shark / Tiburon Systems
uucp : {ihnp4,seismo,qantel,sun,etc.}!lll-crg!csuh!shark (preferred)
				     !caip!unirot!shark  (It'll do)

My opinions are those of my own and Tiburon Systems.  I don't care
what csuh and unirot think.