[net.text] METAFONT V1.0 on a SUN

jr@uplherc.UUCP (J.R. Westmoreland) (07/23/86)

I have the tape from the University of Washington dated Feb of Mar.  The tape
contains TeX and MetaFont.  I tried to compile and run MetaFont and got the message
"Subrange or array subscript is out of range".  Does anyone have mf84 running?
Did you have to fix anything and what was the fix?

J.R. Westmoreland
Utah Power And Light Company
Phone: (801) 535-4784

rusty@weyl.Berkeley.EDU.BERKELEY.EDU (& Wright) (07/24/86)

In article <106@uplherc.UUCP> jr@uplherc.UUCP (J.R. Westmoreland) writes:
>I have the tape from the University of Washington dated Feb of Mar.  The tape
>contains TeX and MetaFont.  I tried to compile and run MetaFont and got the message
>"Subrange or array subscript is out of range".  Does anyone have mf84 running?
>Did you have to fix anything and what was the fix?
>
>J.R. Westmoreland
>Utah Power And Light Company
>Phone: (801) 535-4784

In the directory mf84/config are subdirectories that contain template
Makefiles.  The ones for the SUN need to have either the -J flag or
the -O flag deleted (I can't remember which).  After you fix the
template Makefiles rerun the config shell script.
	rusty c. wright
	rusty@weyl.berkeley.edu
	ucbvax!weyl!rusty