[net.text] ditroff drivers for raster printers

pasken@slu70.UUCP (10/17/86)

	This may well be an impossible request, but.... Parks college has on
order an hp laserjet+ laser printer on order to do text processing (we need
to do eqn and tbl sorts of things alot). After having the demo here for a
while, all the students wanted to do all sorts of things with the printer.
Not having the skills yet they pushed a lot of paper out of the laserjet
with lots of trash on it. Rather than have the students (this means faculty
as well) waste toner, paper, etc on the laserjet, I thought I might have
them experiment and do first draft runs on the toshiba printer (360 x 180
resolution). Unfortunately I am barely able to get an nroff driver table
set up let alone a ditroff driver. Does anybody have a ditroff driver for
a toshiba p3?? series printer or any similar 24-pin printer ??

					Thanxs
					  The Head Gnome @ Parks College

P.S.
Please send any replies to the address above. I am not yet fully uucp'd yet.

I think I'm supposed to put some sort of disclaimer here, but I think that
Parks would rather disclaim me

jmc@warwick.UUCP (John Collins) (11/01/86)

In article <315@slu70.UUCP> pasken@slu70.UUCP writes:
>resolution). Unfortunately I am barely able to get an nroff driver table
>set up let alone a ditroff driver...

Nroff is harder since a resolution of 240 is assumed and hardwired and
painful to try and change and all the printers I've come across (like yours)
have a resolution of 180

Horrible isn't it!

John Collins
Xi Software Ltd