[net.text] Tables for TeX

aw@grpthry.UUCP (Alan Whitton) (10/29/86)

Munch, munch, munch.....

Hello,

We are currently running TeX 1.5 and were wondering if there were
any usable table macros out there? We are having a lot of problems with
tables for TeX (just the general complexity and how much you have to
do to get it to behave!!!). If you know of a ``tbl''-like front end
please contact me also. I know that INRS-TeX does some tables but that
only runs on TeX 2.0, which we do not currently have.

				Thank you
				alan whitton
				...!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!grpthry!aw
				or
				...!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!grpthry!tex
				or
				237 King Edward Ave.
				Ottawa, Ontario
				 K1N 7L8
				ph (613) 594-0227

In article <178@grpthry.UUCP> aw@grpthry.UUCP (Alan Whitton) writes:
>We are currently running TeX 1.5 and were wondering if there were
>any usable table macros out there? ... I know that INRS-TeX does
>some tables but that only runs on TeX 2.0, which we do not currently have.

The only real difference between TeX 1.5 and TeX 2.0 is in plain.tex,
where it uses `cm' fonts instead of `am' fonts.  Anything that
works with TeX 2.0 should work with TeX 1.5, as long as you fix up
the font definitions.
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris@umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris@mimsy.umd.edu