[att.general] Poison Holloween candy

brucer@drutx.ATT.COM (Bruce W. Robinson) (12/16/88)

In article <8544@alice.UUCP>, ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) writes:
> In article <4592@homxc.UUCP>, rick@homxc.UUCP (R.BUTTAFOGO) writes:
> > There is a young boy by the name of David at the Sloan Kettering Cancer
> > Hospital who is terminally ill.  His last wish is to be in the Guiness
> > Book of World Records for having received the MOST Christmas cards EVER.
>
> A news article that appeared yesterday described precisely this
> situation -- a boy named David in Spring Hill, Florida who wants
> zillions of postcards.
>
> The article goes on to explain that the boy does not really exist,
> but that ``bags and bags'' of postcards keep coming.
>
>          etc

We've all probably heard horror stories about poisoned holloween candy,
red hot nickles, razor blades or LSD in treats, etc.  Is this for real or
simply another example of an idea that survives because it is believable?
Other examples: tooth-fairy, god, fairness, democrats, and Amway :-)

There was an article recently in the (Boulder) Daily Camera newspaper
claiming that there has "never been a substantiated case of doctored
holloween treats", but they failed to adequately attribute the claim,
(just like I'm failing to properly attribute their article).

Does any netter have solid evidence of such Holloween malignancy?

      66

       ^          ......brucer