[or.general] arff...

pmw@omsvax.UUCP (03/29/84)

Subject: arff! arff! arff!
Newsgroups: or.general,  net.wanted,  intel.all

<bug food>

 I have recently inherited some rt-11 format floppy disks that I desperately
need to read on a UNIX system.  After much struggle I have gotten the physical
disk images (3 disks) into files on a VAX 11/780 running 4.1(C?).

 The 'arff' utility apparently identifies the disk images as rt-11 format, but
barfs out the message 'Too many directory segments'.  Turns out that 'arff'
cannot handle multi-segment directories. ARFF!

 Does anyone have a utility that can read rt-11 format and handle
multi-segment directories?   Can I get a copy (source is ok)?

 Has anyone out there modified 'arff' to handle multi-segment directories?
A 'diff' listing would suffice if you don't want to ship the whole thing.

 ARFF!
 Any help greatly appreciated.

  Pat Walsh
  ..omsvax!pmw