[net.crypt] TCSEC

chod@gypsy.UUCP (10/07/86)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of TCSEC, the Trusted Computer System
Evaluation Criteria?  Is this a public domain document; i.e., do I have to
have a "need to know" before I can get a copy?  Or do I just need the
appropriate number of dollars and the correct order number?

		David Chodorow
		Siemens Research and Technology Laboratories
		105 College Road East
		Princeton, NJ  08540
		(609) 734-6598

UUCP:		...!princeton!gypsy!chod
ARPA:		siemens!chod@topaz

rak@packard.UUCP (Richard A. Karhuse) (10/09/86)

To: ihnp1!ihnp4!mhuxn!mhuxr!ulysses!allegra!princeton!siemens!gypsy!chod
Subject: Re: TCSEC
Newsgroups: net.crypt
Bcc:

I got my (via company purchaser) from:

	Ambassador Book Service
	42 Chasner Street
	Hempstead, NY 115500

Here is a set of "interresting" tittles & numbers

	"Guidelines for applying DAD trusted computer system
	evaluation criteria in specific environments" CSC-STD-003-85
	GPO sn/008-000-00442-1

	"DOD password management guidelines" CSC-STD-002-85 GPO
	sn/008-000-00443-9

	"Technical rational behind, guideance for applying DOD
	trusted computer system evaluation criteria in specific
	environments" GPO #sn/008-000-00441-2

	"Personal computer security considerations" CSC-WA-002-85
	GPO sn/008-000-00439-1

	"SCOMP final evaluation report" CSC-EPO-85/001 GPO
	sn/008-000-00438-2

	"DOD trusted computer system evaluation criteria"
	CSC-STD-001-85 GPO sn/008-000-00418-8

				Richard A. Karhuse
				nomad!rak
				LC 2N-D14  x4170