[net.movies.sw] Repeat of ROTJ 'Other' poll results--NON-SPOILER

heliotis@rochester.UUCP (06/02/83)

I thought the net newcomers might enjoy seeing this.

                                                Jim Heliotis
                                                allegra!rochester!heliotis
                                                seismo!rochester!heliotis
                                                heliotis@Rochester

Subject: Results of 'Other' Poll
Newsgroups: net.sf-lovers,net.movies

It is February 1st -- premiere day for "Star Wars" on HBO, so...

Here it is folks!  The results of the poll that asked the question:

'Please give your opinion on about whom Yoda was talking when, in
"The Empire Strikes Back", he said to OB-Wan, "No, there is an Other",
referring to someone (besides Luke?) who could restore the republic.'

For the record, I did not include people who made more than one guess,
unless they indicated one much more strongly than the other, in which
case I discarded the weaker guess.

I feel I must tell all you potential poll takers not to fear a deluge
of response.  This was one of the hottest items on the net two months
ago, and look -- well under 100 responded!  I shall keep a list of
names and votes, so that I can congratulate the correct people when
"Return of the Jedi" comes out.

54 total votes, 22 different votes

 16.7%:  Princess Leia
 11.1%:  Han Solo
  9.3%:  Don't care
  9.3%:  Boba Fett
  7.4%:  Someone New
  7.4%:  Lando Carlissian
  5.6%:  Darth Vader
  5.6%:  nobody
  3.7%:  Wedge
  1.9%:  Leia's and Luke's son
  1.9%:  FtG
  1.9%:  Leia's and Han's son
  1.9%:  Won't know in R.o.t.J.
  1.9%:  Luke's father
  1.9%:  Lost relative of Luke
  1.9%:  Don't know
  1.9%:  Mr. Spock
  1.9%:  OB-2 Kenobi
  1.9%:  R2D2
  1.9%:  Luke's severed hand
  1.9%:  Obi-wan Kenobe
  1.9%:  "Other"==>"Luke gets another shot at success"