[net.misc] computer music

rimas@gymble.UUCP (Rimas Blekaitis) (08/07/86)

  Two questions:
    I see no listing in the news groups for computer music, yet users
of this service are undoubtedly interested in the same. Am I missing
something?
    I am interested in writing musical applications for my amiga, and
for the musz system at Maryland U. It seems that many of the user
interfaces I've seen are similar and quite useful (e.g., a screen
with amusical staff for entering notes, or a screen for editing
wave shapes and envelopes). Rather than reinventing the wheel, I am
wondering if any of the source listings for these interfaces are
in the public domain. I could then use what is useful and add features
(maybe microtones, more electronic music oriented stuff, even spatial
placement routines) to what already exists. Any thoughts on the
matter?

sandersr@ecn-pc.UUCP (Robert C Sanders) (08/09/86)

In article <528@gymble.UUCP> rimas@gymble.UUCP (Rimas Blekaitis) writes:
>  Two questions:
>    I see no listing in the news groups for computer music, yet users
>of this service are undoubtedly interested in the same. Am I missing
>something?

Have you looked at "net.music.synth".  Computer-generated music is basically
sythesized music.  Yes, there are talks there on computer music.  I cross-
posted this to the proper newsgroup so that you can get responces directly
from the interested parties.
--
Continuing Engineering Education Telecommunications
Purdue University 		...!ihnp4!pur-ee!pc-ecn!sandersr

Let's make like a BSD process, and go FORK-OFF !!	-- bob
(and "make" a few children while we're at it ...)